Caliper Human Strategies UK Ltd (“Caliper”) is a company registered in England and Wales (registered company number 3181730) having its registered office at 26 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4AE.
Caliper is a Human Capital Management consulting firm whose principal offerings include personnel assessment services for corporate clients (“Clients“). These services entail the online collection of data concerning Clients’ assessment candidates (“Candidate(s)“), the processing of such data, and the transmission to Clients of reports which also contain such personal data. In addition to this the website www.caliper.co.uk (“Website“) also collects certain personal data from users.
Caliper’s business systems are designed to require that every Client or Candidate is made aware of Caliper’s data protection policies and freely provides their explicit consent to these policies before agreeing to provide any personal information to Caliper.
Data Protection definitions
Caliper’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and any additional relevant data protection legislation. For the purpose of the Act, where personal data is provided directly to Caliper through use of the Website, email, or other means, or by a Candidate in the process of an assessment, Caliper will be the data controller in relation to that information. Where Caliper receives candidates’ personal data from a third party (such as data received from an actual or potential Client) Caliper will not be the data controller but will be the data processor of that information.
Caliper’s data protection officer for the purpose of the Act is Marco Biewald.
Personal data and Basis for Collection
Where you are using Caliper’s Assessment Services:
Caliper collects personal data from Candidates taking part in Caliper’s assessment services and from Clients requesting such services. Such personal data may include:
- candidates’ personal data collected through standardised questionnaires including names, and contact details;
- candidates’ responses to questions set out in the assessment questionnaires;
- candidates’ personal data such as age, race, and gender, ONLY where a Candidate has given explicit and voluntary agreement to supply such data;
- candidates’ personal data provided by Clients, regarding its employees or prospective employees, of whom it requests a Caliper Assessment. This personal data may include an individual’s name or contact details;
- candidates’ personal data, from an individually-created login, which is linked to that individual’s profile such as preferences, location information and browsing behaviours.
Caliper collects the above mentioned personal data in order to:
- provide its assessment services to Clients;
- continually develop and improve its assessment services;
- use the personal data for supplemental research and product development where Candidates have provided their express consent for such use by Caliper.
Use of Personal Data collected in assessment services
Personal Data is only used in the provision and identification of Caliper’s assessment services. No personal data, including information which personally identifies you, such as your name, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address, location or IP address, collected in the process of Caliper’s assessment services, will be released, sold, traded, transferred, or rented to any entities or individuals outside the Caliper Group (defined below), and will only be shared as described below.
Where you are using the Website:
Caliper may collect personal data from visitors to the Website which is provided as a result of using the Website, such as location information, browsing behaviours and IP addresses.
Caliper may collect such personal data in order to:
- improve the functionality and your experience of the Website;
- ensure that content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of Caliper’s service, when you choose to do so;
- keep the Website safe and secure;
- enable Caliper to provide you with marketing information where you have provided the relevant consent.
How your personal data may be shared
- with any member of the Caliper group, which means Caliper’s subsidiaries, Caliper’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“Caliper Group“);
How Caliper stores personal data
EU-US Privacy Shield
Caliper may share your personal data with its parent company, Caliper Management Inc, in the USA. To ensure that your privacy is protected, Caliper Management Inc has certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield to ensure that the level of protection provided to your personal data is at a standard equal to the level Caliper adheres to.
Personal Data Retention
Caliper will usually delete personal data two years after the provision of the assessment service for which the personal data was collected, although it is permitted under the Act to retain such personal data for as long as it is practically required for the stated purpose. Any assessment data which includes personal data that is retained by Caliper for research purposes is anonymised.
Use and retention of Candidate’s personal data by Clients is governed by the Client’s own privacy policies, applicable law, and the Client’s terms of employment.
Assessment results and reports
Where you provide information in accordance with Caliper’s assessment services, the assessment results, consultations and written reports are provided by Caliper only to the Client or person who ordered them. Any dissemination of such results or reports to the Candidate is at the discretion of the Client.
Service Development and Supplemental Research
Candidates have the opportunity to choose (opt in) whether their personal data may be used for supplemental research or service development purposes. To obtain your opt in to such use, Caliper requires your express consent, and this is obtained through your agreement to the terms and conditions prior to using the services as a Candidate.
You have the right at any time to ask Caliper to stop using your personal data in relation to supplemental research or product development by email to Caliper at: email@example.com.
Access to data
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to ask Caliper not to process for any purpose and to delete your personal data at any time by contacting Caliper at: email@example.com.
Please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period Caliper retains the data.
Caliper will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and will immediately delete any such data subsequently so determined.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how Caliper may have stored, used or processed your personal data, please email your compliant to the address set out in the contact information below.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While Caliper does its best to protect your personal information, Caliper cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Caliper and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
Questions and Contact information
For any questions or for further information, please contact: Marco Biewald, Attorney at Law, Federal Certified Data Protection Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.