Caliper Human Strategies UK Ltd (“Caliper”) is a company registered in England and Wales (registered company number 3181730) having its registered office at 26 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4AE.
Caliper is a Human Capital Management consulting firm whose principal offerings include personnel assessment services for corporate clients (“Clients”). These services entail the receiving and processing of personal data of our Clients’ assessment candidates (“Candidates”) or employees (“Employees”) for the provision of our assessment and consulting services. In addition to this, the website www.caliper.co.uk (“Website”) also collects certain personal data from users.
Caliper’s business systems are designed to require that every Client or Candidate is made aware of Caliper’s data protection policies and freely provides their explicit consent to these policies before agreeing to provide any personal information to Caliper.
Data Protection definitions
Caliper’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“) which came into force on 25th May 2018. For the purpose of the GDPR, where personal data is provided directly to Caliper through use of the Website, email, or other means, or by a Candidate in the process of an assessment, Caliper will be the data controller in relation to that information. Where Caliper receives candidates’ personal data from a third party (such as data received from an actual or potential Client) Caliper will not be the data controller but will be the data processor of that information.
Caliper’s data protection officer can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The GDPR unifies the existing EU and national legislations while adding certain additional requirements on data controllers and data processors. As the wider practical applications of the GDPR are developed across the industry, Caliper will continually evolve its technologies and practises, and revise this policy statement accordingly.
Personal data and Basis for Collection
Where you are using Caliper’s Assessment Services:
At the request our Clients, Caliper receives from its Clients certain personal data of individual Candidates or Employees necessary for the provision of our assessment or consulting services. Such personal data may include:
- Candidates’ or Employees’ names, email address or other and contact details;
- Candidates’ or Employees’ responses to questions set out in the assessment questionnaires;
Caliper receives and processes the above mentioned personal data in order to:
- provide its assessment and/or consulting services to Clients;
- continually develop and improve its assessment and consulting services;
- use the personal data for supplemental research and product development where Candidates and/or Employees have provided their express consent for such use by Caliper.
Caliper collects the above mentioned personal data in order to:
- provide its assessment services to Clients;
- continually develop and improve its assessment services;
- use the personal data for supplemental research and product development where Candidates have provided their express consent for such use by Caliper.
Use of Personal Data collected in assessment services
Personal Data is only used for the provision of Caliper’s assessment and consulting services. No personal data, received or processed for the provision of Caliper’s assessment or consulting services, will be released, sold, traded, transferred, or rented to any entities or individuals outside the Caliper Group (defined below), and will only be shared as described below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To respond to queries and enquiries
|To process and deliver the Services including contacting Candidates, Employees and Clients and corresponding about the Services||(a) Identity
(c) Responses to questions
|To develop and improve the services||(a) Identity
(c) Responses to questions
|Supplemental research and product development||(a) Identity
(c) Responses to questions
Where you are using the Website:
Caliper may collect personal data from visitors to the Website which is provided as a result of using the Website, such as location information, browsing behaviours and IP addresses.
Caliper may collect such personal data in order to:
- improve the functionality and your experience of the Website;
- ensure that content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of Caliper’s service, when you choose to do so;
- keep the Website safe and secure;
- enable Caliper to provide you with marketing information where you have provided the relevant consent.
How your personal data may be shared
- with any member of the Caliper group, which means Caliper’s subsidiaries, Caliper’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“Caliper Group“);
How Caliper stores personal data
Processing personal data in the USA
For processing, Caliper may share your personal data with its parent company, Caliper Management Inc, in the USA. To ensure that your privacy is protected in such cases, Caliper Management Inc has provided Caliper with such written assurances to ensure that the level of protection provided to your personal data is at a standard at least equal to the level Caliper adheres to under the GDPR.
Personal Data Retention
Caliper’s general data retention policy is to delete personal data four years after the delivery of the relevant assessment or consulting service, for which the personal data was collected.
Notwithstanding 8.1, where Caliper processes information on behalf of its Client (including personal information in relation to Candidates or Employees), Caliper shall retain such information for as long as required by the Client (data controller).
Please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period Caliper retains the data.
Assessment results and reports
Caliper’s assessment results, consultations and written reports are provided under agreement only to the Client. Any sharing of such results or reports to a Candidate, Employee or other party is entirely at the discretion of the Client (the data controller).
Service Development and Supplemental Research
For the purposes of Caliper’s own research and development, and with the agreement of our Clients, Caliper may request the clear and express consent of assessment candidates to use their personal data in such research. Such consent will always be entirely optional to the Candidate and/or Employees and of no effect on the related assessment or consulting service.
Research-consenting candidates nevertheless have the right at any time to require Caliper to stop using their personal data in such research by email to Caliper at: email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent.
To exercise any of the above rights please email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may be that only such rights can be exercised to the data controller. If Caliper is not the data controller, Caliper will ask that you direct your request to the Client (who will be the data controller).
Caliper will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and will immediately delete any such data subsequently so determined.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how Caliper may have stored, used or processed your personal data, please email your compliant to the address set out in the contact information below.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While Caliper does its best to protect your personal information, Caliper cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Caliper and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
Questions and Contact information
For any questions or for further information, please contact: email@example.com
Caliper Human Strategies (UK) Ltd.
26 Kings Hill Avenue
Kent ME19 4AE